This round of the SunShot Incubator Program is for both hardware and non-hardware solutions that reduce the cost of systems that convert solar energy into electric potential.
The SunShot Incubator program consists of three tiers to which applications may be submitted:
Tier 1a includes awards up to $1,000,000 with a 20% cost share requirement over 12 months to accelerate the development of innovative hardware technologies from a proof of concept to a prototype.
Tier 1b includes awards up to $500,000 with a 20% cost share requirement over 12 months to accelerate the development of innovative non-hardware (soft BOS) technologies to the prototype/alpha product stage.
Tier 2 includes awards up to $4 million (anticipated award size of $1-2 million) with a 50% cost share requirement over 18 months that transition innovative hardware and non-hardware solutions into a pilot or v1.0 release and eventually full-scale deployment.
Webinar 1: This Webinar, mentioned in the FOA, will be held on March 5th from 4:30pm to 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time. Those interested in participating in the webinar should note the following:
• Please check this website to make sure you have the appropriate system requirements needed to join the webinar:http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/webinar/webinar_support.
• Register at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/866835377 Once submitted, the participant will receive an automated email with the webinar address.
• Audio is available through the Internet (headset/speakers) and over the phone. You will be able to access audio through the Webinar pop up. Clicking on Telephone will display the call-in number, which is also found in the registration confirmation email.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Pursuant to the FOA, Applicants are required to submit the “Required Application Documents” with their Full Application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered.
For questions regarding the content of this announcement. All questions must be submitted at least 3 business days prior to each submission deadline.
For questions regarding the submission of applications through EERE Exchange. All questions must be submitted at least 3 business days prior to each submission
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Responses to questions are posted to the FAQs webpage.
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 4/9/2012 5:00 PM ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: 5/29/2012 5:00 PM ET