To address the challenges imposed by the rapidly evolving global energy market, ARPA-E seeks to support transformational research in all areas of energy R&D, including resource identification, extraction, transportation and use, and energy generation, storage, transmission and use in both the transportation and stationary power sectors. Areas of research responsive to this FOA include (but are not limited to) electricity generation by both renewable and non-renewable means, electricity transmission, storage, and distribution; energy efficiency for buildings, manufacturing and commerce, and personal use; and all aspects of transportation, including the production and distribution of both renewable and non-renewable fuels, electrification, and energy efficiency in transportation.
The result of a successful ARPA-E project will be such that at the end of the project the transformational technology will be sufficiently advanced and well defined in terms of performance and risk to promote next-stage development or transfer of the project to next-stage developers. Projects under this FOA must be aimed at more than progress toward identified project goals; the project must be aimed at actual delivery of these project goals. The R&D effort on later-stage technology development projects must carry the risk reduction process for the technology to the point at which entrepreneurial decisions can be made with confidence.
- ARPA-E-CO@hq.doe.govFor questions regarding Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Every Friday, ARPA-E will post responses to any questions that were received by Wednesday at 12 PM ET. (Questions received after Wednesday at 12 PM ET will be answered the following week). Responses are posted to “Frequently Asked Questions” (see hyperlink below).
- ARPA-E will cease to accept questions 96 hours in advance of the applicable deadline. Responses to the last questions will be posted at least 24 hours in advance of the applicable deadline. ARPA-E may consolidate similar questions for administrative purposes.
- ExchangeHelp@hq.doe.govFor questions regarding ARPA-E’s online application portal, ARPA-E eXCHANGE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
Responses to questions are posted to the FAQs webpage.
- Letter of Intent Submission Deadline: 3/30/2012 5:00 PM ET
- Concept Paper Submission Deadline: 4/12/2012 5:00 PM ET
- Full Application Submission Deadline: TBD