ARPA-E is seeking Commercialization Advisors who have a unique mix of technical and business skills to help ARPA-E funded technologies successfully make the transition from the lab to the market. Commercialization Advisors will be ARPA-E’s primary providers of commercialization assistance to the research teams that ARPA-E funds.
Each Commercialization Advisor will focus on one or two ARPA-E technology program areas (supporting approximately 10-20 ARPA-E-funded research teams) and will also contribute to overall commercialization program development. This can include:
- developing commercialization plans and business plans;
- facilitating outreach to investors and corporate partners;
- developing market studies and assessing customer requirements;
- identifying follow-on funding sources, including from government funding agencies as well as private capital sources; and
- organizing commercialization workshops and mentorship programs.
In addition, Commercialization Advisors will conduct site visits to meet the research teams, often in conjunction with ARPA-E’s technical Program Directors.
Commercialization Advisors will serve at ARPA-E for 2-4 years. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- 5+ years of work experience, including a combination of technology/research and business experience; startup/entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- MBA degree is preferred.
- Strong technical backgrounds are preferred, including engineering, technology development or scientific research.
- Superior analytical skills with experience in areas such as market research and financial analysis
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Demonstrated interest in energy and energy technologies, preferably in one of the technology areas listed above.
- US Citizenship is required.
Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to ARPA-Efirstname.lastname@example.org. ARPA-E will contact candidates of interest for an initial interview.